Jan 5, 2009

Happy New Year

Happy New Year...... a little late! I'm not that great with new year's resolutions. But, my friends and I are starting a bucket list. For those not familiar with that phrase, it comes from the saying "kick the bucket", referring to death. Basically a bucket list is just a list of things you want to try to do before you die. Obviously, I'm not planning on dying anytime soon, but my friends and I thought we might as well start now. That way we can help each other with our goals. So mine is in progress. I'll post it when its further along.
As for 2008.......wow, what a year. I certainly learned alot this year. More than any years past. And most of it my daughter Sydne taught me. Like how to ask for help and support. And what being a parent is all about. I learned how to rely completely on God and how to surrender to His will. I learned that there is no replacement for true friends. And that my hubby and I can get through anything, as long as we have each other.
My prayer for this new year is this: May we all strive to grow in relationship with God, and may we see God in all our relationships. Happy New Year!

1 comment:

flicks said...

Liz...
You are such a strong, amazing woman. I think of you often. We should catch up sometime.

Melinda Flick