Mar 20, 2008

Holy Thursday

I went to the adoration chapel this afternoon, since I figured I wouldn't be able to until Sunday! Anyway, I was reading the readings for mass tonight and thought of something that had never crossed my mind before. The first reading is the Passover in Israel, when the Israelites were instructed to mark their doors with the blood of the lamb so that God would know to passover their houses. If you don't know the story---go look it up!
I was thinking that the people who marked their doors must have been very devoted to God. And then I wondered, if that story were to take place today , how would God know to pass over my house? I mean if God came down to wipe out the unbelievers, would it be evident to Him that His followers lived at my house? What about yours? Sure, I have lots of religious pictures and crosses in my house. But what about my heart? Is my heart decorated enough to prove to all that I am God's servant? If God came down tonight and looked into the hearts of all those on earth, would their be enough evidence to convict me as a Christian?
Just something to think about this Holy Thursday.

No comments: